Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quinoa Burgers

I decided to try out Quinoa Burgers tonight. I found a recipe here, http://eatingwelllivingthin.wordpress.com/2010/11/01/love-my-quinoa-burger/
 
Now, her way is a little plain so feel free to spice it up! With a little dried herbs, Tabasco, onions or mushrooms... possibilities are endless. Here is the recipe,
 
What you need:
 
2 cups cooked quinoa
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Mozzarella)
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed dry (or carrot!)
3 eggs
3 tablespoons all purpose flour
2 green onions, including white parts
1 /2 teaspoon Splenda or sugar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin (I didnt have cumin so I put a little cayenne pepper)
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Olive oil for frying
 
 
Start incorporating all the ingredients together while you are cooking the quinoa.
 
 
Quinoa is just like rice. 1 cup quinoa 2 cups water. Bring to a boil them simmer covered for 15 -20 mins.
 
 
I let my quinoa cool a little before mixing it all together...
 
 
Then heat up some oil in a pan and fry away. Spoon 1/4 cups at a time and cook on medium heat until the side is cooked and ready to flip. Be careful because they may fall apart easily the first flip.
 
 
 
Once your all done its ready to eat! We had it with salad but it would be good like a burger with tomato, lettuce, avo, and a bun.



 
enjoy!


 


 
 
 

No comments: