Monday, February 4, 2013

Pork Scaloppini

You'll be surprised by what you might find in your pantry. I had this sitting around from when I made dip a long time ago.

 
So I just followed the recipe and it ended up being one of the best tasting pork dishes I've made.
 
What you need:
 
boneless pork loin chops (I get the thin sliced)
1 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3/4 pound sliced mushrooms
2 cups water
1 package of Mrs. Grass Vegetable Soup
4 tablespoons of sour cream
 
What you do:
 
Get your pork chops!
 
Put the cup of flour in a bowl and coat both sides of the pork chops.
 
 
Heat up some oil in the skillet and cook the pork until lightly brown on both sides. 3- 4 mins per side. Then transfer to a plate.
 

Add some more oil and cook the mushrooms down, about 4 mins. (I don't really follow the amount or time, just eyeball to your liking.) Then add the water and soup mix and simmer.

 
 
Add your pork chops so they can get heated through, a couple minutes.
 
 
Plate your chops and add the sour cream to the sauce.
 
 
Mix it into the sauce and pour it over the pork chops!
 
 
I also made some sweet potato fries. Just sliced them up real quick and easy. Put them in a plastic bag to coat with oil, salt, and pepper. Pour them on a backing sheet, sprinkle some cinnamon on them and bake. 400 degrees for about 40 mins, flipping half way.
 
 
 
 
 
yum!



 
 


 


 



 



1 comment:

Linda said...

It looks REALLY good.... I'm totally gonna make this :)

Hope you guys are good. Miss you!